Yatsyshyn G., V student of the course Faculty of Economics field of study “Finance, banking and insurance”, Carpathian National University of Basil Stefanik, c. Ivano-Frankovsk, Ukraine
INVESTMENT ATTRACTIVENESS OF THE AGRICULTURAL SECTOR UKRAINE
The article investigates the problem of the limited resources of the agrarian sector, outlines the main factors that negatively affect the inflow of foreign capital into the agricultural sector. The interconnection between these factors and investment attractiveness of Ukrainian agroindustrial complex is considered. The necessity of developing practical approaches to solving problems of attraction of foreign investments for supporting industries is proved. Investments play an important role in the financial security of enterprises, industries and the economy as a whole. Investment attractiveness is formed by a combination of indicators of financial and economic activity of enterprises and the prospects of obtaining profits from infusion of investment resources. Thus, the formation of investment policy is based on the mutual interests of the investor and the object of investment. The investment climate in the agrarian sector of Ukraine is extremely unfavorable at the current stage, as the investment risks remain high, and factors that negatively affect investment activity are not controlled by the state. Among the barriers to investing in the agrarian sector are: unsettled legislation, unfavorable image of the country due to the insecurity of the interests of the foreign investor, inflation, the complex military-political situation in the East of Ukraine, low level of technical equipment of agricultural enterprises and loss-making results of activity. A well-balanced investment policy in the agrarian sector should provide a way out of the financial and logistical crisis of the agrarian sector. From the state side, regulation of legislation, tax policy, credit policy, resolution of the issue of political instability, and the fight against corruption and crime are important. In order to solve these problems it is necessary to build a clear anti-crisis strategy, through which agribusiness will become one of the most promising types of business in Ukraine, which will necessarily attract the attention of foreign investors.
Keywords: the agricultural sector, investments, investment attractiveness, investment policy, agriculture, capital investments, foreign direct investments.
JEL Classification: E20; E22; Q10; Q14.
- Ivanov, A. P. Sakharova, I. V. and Khrustal’ov, E. Yu. (2015), “Pryntsypy i faktory vyznachennia investytsijnoho rejtynhu pidpryiemstv”, Konsul’tant dyrektora, vol. 12, pp. 31–37.
- Ofitsijnyj sajt Ministerstva ahrarnoi polityky, available at: http://www.minagro.gov.ua.
- Lupenko, Yu. A. and Lupenko, Ye. I. (2014), “Investuvannia rozvytku sil’s’koho hospodarstva”, Ekonomika APK, vol. 12, pp. 61 – 67.
- Hotra, V.V. (2015), “Suchasnyj stan, faktory zabezpechennia ta napriamy aktyvizatsii investytsijnoi diial’nosti u sferi sil’s’koho hospodarstva”, Aktual’ni problemy ekonomiky, vol. 6, pp.168.
- Ofitsijnyj sajt Instytutu ahrarnoi ekonomiky, available at: http://www.iae.org.ua.
- Zhorova, A.M and Chemeryns’ka, K.P. (2015), “Investytsijna pryvablyvist’ ahrarnykh pidpryiemstv Urainy iak peredumova zbil’shennia obsiahiv inozemnykh investytsij”, Naukovyj visnyk Khersons’koho derzhavnoho universytetu, vol. 12(1), pp. 38–41.
- Mashkin, V. A., “Upravlinnia investytsijnoiu pryvablyvistiu real’noho sektora ekonomiky rehionu”, [Online], available at: http://bnews.narod.ru/ economu/management.htm.
- Kremen’, O. I. and Kuberka, V. I. (2014), “Osnovy otsinky investytsijnoi pryvablyvosti rehionu”, Naukovyj visnyk DVNZ “Ukrains’ka akademiia bankivs’koi spravy NBU”, vol. 4, pp. 62–66.
- “Ahrarnyj sektor Ukrainy: investytsijna pryvablyvist’, nezvazhaiuchy na nedoskonale rehuliuvannia“, available at: http://www.svitagro.com.
- Vats’ka, M. V. (2014), “Investytsijna pryvablyvist’ Ukrainy – shliakh do najvyschoho ekonomichnoho rozvytku”, Ekonomichnyj prostir, vol. 24, pp. 153–160.