|JEL Classification: M42
Shvorak Anatoliy, Doctor of Economics, Аssociate Professor of Economics and Nature Management, Lesya Ukrainka Volyn National University, Lutsk, Ukraine
Kulynych Myroslava, Ph.D. in Economics, Associate Professor of the Department of Accounting and Taxation, Lesya Ukrainka Volyn National University, Lutsk, Ukraine
Fatenok-Tkachuk Аlla, Ph.D. in Economics, Associate Professor of the Accounting and Auditing Department, Lesya Ukrainka Volyn National University, Lutsk, Ukraine
Melnyk Kateryna, Ph.D. in Economics, Associate Professor of Accounting and Auditing Department, Lesya Ukrainka Volyn National University, Lutsk, Ukraine
The Normative Land Valuation Impact on Rural Development in Ukraine through the Prism of Taxation and Role of Auditing in its Determing
Abstract. The article examines the impact of the new regulatory assessment of agricultural land on the amount of land tax and rent. The comparative analysis with the preliminary normative estimation is resulted. One of the mechanisms for confirming or refuting the availability of information of qualitative and quantitative characteristics, which are determined by the circumstances and results of formalization and application of regulatory land valuation, is to provide its users with the results of audit tasks.
Purpose. The purpose of the article is to study the impact of land valuation on the development of rural areas of Ukraine through the prism of taxation and the role of audit of its definition.
Results. It is proved that the demand and supply in the market, the level of solvency of the population, conditions of sale, the nature of possible competition, the distribution of property rights to land, obligations and restrictions on land use, etc. are of great importance for market valuation of land. The introduction of a new normative monetary valuation of agricultural land will lead to the loss of the revenue base of budgets for certain territorial communities. Tax revenues to local government budgets will also decrease by a percentage reduction in the regulatory monetary assessment. The expediency, validity and effectiveness of the decisions of the subjects of state regulation on the implementation and updating of regulatory assessments of land resources can be assessed on the basis of the implementation of audit measures.
Conclusions. We propose to apply a risk-oriented audit approach at the stage of determining the feasibility of regulatory assessments. We believe that the current neglect of the problem of risk has led to unpredictable consequences of the application of regulatory assessment of land resources. In the context of agricultural reform in Ukraine, the role of audit is determined by the information needs of different groups of information users both in relation to the functioning of the industry as a whole and in relation to the activities of individual enterprises.
Keywords: agriculture, arable land, normative monetary valuation, land tax, agricultural lands, rent, audit.
- Asbahr, K. & Ruhnke, K. (2019). Real Effects of Reporting Key Audit Matters on Auditors’ Judgment and Choice of Action. International Journal of Auditing, 23(2), 165-180. https://doi.org/10.1111/ijau.12154.
- Belinska, S. M. (2015). Methodical Aspects of Land Resources Valuation for Accounting Purposes. Effective Economics, 3 [in Ukrainian].
- Dmitrenko, I. M. (2015) Theory, Methodology and Organization of Corporate Systems Audit. (Abstract of Ph.D. Thesis). Nat. Acad. Statistics, Accounting and Auditing, Kyiv. 40 p.
- Guszcza, J., Rahwan, I., Bible, W., Cebrian, M., Katyal (2018). Why We Need to Audit Algoritms. Harvard Business review, 11. Retrieved from https://hbr.org/2018/11/why-we-need-to-audit-algorithms.
- Land Code of Ukraine (2019). Retrieved from http://zakon3.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/2768-14 [in Ukrainian].
- Law of Ukraine “On Land Valuation” (2003). Retrieved from https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/1378-15 [in Ukrainian].
- On Additional Measures for Social Protection of Peasants ‒ Owners of Land Parcels and Land Shares. Decree of the President of Ukraine (2002). Retrieved from https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/92/2002 [in Ukrainian].
- On Sustainable Development Strategy Ukraine-2020 (2015). Retrieved from http://zakon3.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/5/ 2015 [in Ukrainian].
- Petryk, O. A. (2004). State and Prospects of Audit Development in Ukraine: Methodological and Organizational. (Abstract of Ph.D. Thesis). Kyiv National Economic University, Kyiv. 34 p.
- Redko, O. Yu. (2015). Audit Reporting: Identification and Detection of Distortions. Accounting, analysis and audit: problems of theory, methodology, organization, 2, 166-172 [in Ukrainian].
- Ryadska, V. V. (2015). Audit in the Development of Business Activity in Ukraine. (Abstract of Ph.D. Thesis). State Higher Educational Institution “Vadim Hetman National Economic University of Kiev”, Kyiv.
- Sherstyuk, O. L. (2017). Audit of Financial Information. Kyiv. [in Ukrainian].
- Shvorak, M., Kulinich, M. (2019). State Regulation of Accounting of Land Quantity and Quality at the Present Stage of Development of Agrarian Relations. Economic Journal of Lesya Ukrainka East European National University: journal. Lutsk: Tower-Printing, 1 (17), 121-128. doi.org/10.29038/2411-4014-2019-01-121-128 [in Ukrainian].
- Slyusarenko, V. E. (2014). Audit: Current State and Prospects of Development in Ukraine. Uzhgorod,: UzhNU [in Ukrainian].
- Statistical Yearbook (2016). Agriculture of Ukraine [in Ukrainian].
Received: 08 October 2020
How to quote this article?
|Shvorak A., Kulynych M., Fatenok-Tkachuk А., Melnyk K. (2020). The Normative Land Valuation Impact on Rural Development in Ukraine through the Prism of Taxation and Role of Auditing in its Determing. Modern Economics, 23(2020), 227-232. DOI: https://doi.org/10.31521/modecon.V23(2020)-36.|